The Holocaust Awareness Institute (“HAI”), a public outreach and educational arm of the University of Denver’s Center for Judaic Studies, developed the “Survival & Witness” website as part of its mission to support Colorado teachers, students, and the general public about the history and memory of the Holocaust.
I. Ownership and Intellectual Property
HAI owns the compilation of content that is posted on this website, including its text, images, audio, video, design, and functionality (“Content”). DU does not own each and every component of the Content or the intellectual property rights to each component of the Content. HAI has endeavored to identify all Content and intellectual property rights used and where relevant has received the owner(s)’ permission in accordance to law.
Any copyright owner or its agent that believes that any Content on the Website infringes upon its copyright(s) should give written notice to HAI in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). The notice to HAI shall contain the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the individual authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that has allegedly been infringed upon;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity that is reasonably sufficient to permit HAI to locate the material;
- The contact information of the copyright owner or the individual authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- A statement that the copyright owner or the individual authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner has a good faith reasonable belief that the particular use of the identified material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that the individual submitting the notice is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
- Written notice shall be sent to: HAI / Center for Judaic Studies / Sturm Hall, 2000 E Asbury Ave #157, Denver, CO 80208
II. Restrictions on Use of the Content
HAI endeavors to provide accurate information within Website Content. HAI cannot guarantee that information it provides regarding Content is correct in each circumstance. Licensing of third party Content to HAI may be subject to restrictions other than copyright. It is the end-user’s obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other restrictions when accessing or using Content.
Users may view, access, download or print hard copies of the Content for your personal, educational, and non-commercial use only. You may not change the Content in any way, or reproduce, publicly display, distribute, or otherwise use them for any commercial purpose.
When using Content, the user agrees to:
- Identify any copyright or other attribution or credit accompanying Content in any reproduction made for educational or other non-commercial purposes.
Users are Prohibited from:
- Using the Website or its Content in any unlawful or inappropriate manner as determined by HAI, or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website;
- Using automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Website;
- Impersonating any person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting yourself, your qualifications, and/or your affiliation with any person or entity in any communication with HAI, CJS, or DU through the Website
III. Third-Party Websites
The Website may contain links to the websites of third parties that are not under the control of DU, CJS, or HAI. These links are provided for convenience and for informational or educational purposes only, and do not indicate endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the third party or the content of these linked websites, including any advertising that may be posted on them. HAI makes no representation or warranty, and bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality, or content of third party websites that link to or from the Website.
IV. Changes to These Terms
V. Warranties and Indemnification
The Website and Content are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to fitness for a particular use, copyright ownership, and/or non-infringement or other third-party proprietary rights. HAI shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or losses that may occur to users or third parties due to use of the Website and/or the Content. HAI may update or remove any Content at any time without prior notice.
VI. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
VII. Additional Questions
Please contact HAI’s web master with any further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org